Thursday, March 8, 2012

Facing the Music

I tossed and turned all night. I couldn't sleep just thinking about asking for my ring back. She was so sweet, and beautiful, and one of my very best friends. I didn't know how she would react when I asked for my initial ring back. I was so worried that she wouldn't want to be friends with me any longer. But thinking everything through, she was only here for the summers, and those long winters without even seeing her when she returned to Texas was just more than I could bare. I finally built up my courage and drove my Honda down to the lake. I walked up to their mobilehome and knocked on the door.
Suddenly, my Texas girl appeared in front of me with a big smile on her face. "Hello Roger."
I smiled and said Hi. Then I went on to explain to her that I had talked with my ex-girlfriend and she had agreed to go steady with me again. I was amazed at how well she took it. Then I went on to ask her for my initial ring. "Oh Roger! I'm afraid I've lost it. I'm not sure but I think I lost it in the lake while swimming. Can you ever forgive me? I am so sorry!"
I guess I would have to tell my girlfriend I lost it. Now I know why my Mother wouldn't let me give my class ring to any girls. I left the lake and returned to my girlfriends house. Once again, we spent each afternoon sitting on the couch, holding hands, and watching soap operas.

No comments:

Post a Comment