Saturday, March 3, 2012

STEADY AS SHE GOES

So it was settled. I was going with my Texas Girl, but other than giving her my initial ring nothing had changed. We didn't hold hands, or kiss, or have any kind of romance. Things were no different than when we were just good friends. I guess she was too young and I was to backward. Our days continued as they had since 1962. We swam and played and floated around in those big, black innertubes.
A week had passed since my girlfriend broke up with me. My Texas girl and I were floating in our innertubes when I looked up on shore and saw my ex-girlfriend. She was wearing her older sister's leopard bikini, and she had grown into it perfectly. All eyes were upon her. She walked around, never getting in the water, and then she she stopped and talked to a girl. She then left the lake as quickly as she had appeared. It was about an hour and a half before dark, and I decided it was time to head home. As I was driving my Honda past my ex-girlfriend's house, I noticed she was sitting outside at their picnic table. I stopped in, and we talked until dark. She agreed to go steady with me again before I rode on home. Then it dawned on me that she had no idea I was going steady!I would have to go to the lake tomorrow and ask for my initial ring back.

No comments:

Post a Comment