Monday, April 30, 2012

AFTER THE FAIR

Seems like after the 4H Fair I didn't happen across Louise, or my Texas Girl for days that turned into months. I had an ache deep inside to see them both. Then one day during a trip to town I saw Louise walking on the sidewalk toward me. In those past months she had grown more beautiful than ever. Her shiny, long, straight black hair was gently blowing in the breeze. She had the sexiest nose, eyes and face and a perfect body. During our months apart I had two short relationships with girls that ended with hard feelings.
Louise and I talked a while, and then I got up the courage to ask her out on a date. I was thrilled when she said, "Yes!"
I showed up at her front door at 6:00 p.m. on Friday night for our date. Her Mother answered the door and was very apologetic. "Oh Roger, I'm so sorry, but a young man Louise has been seeing from time to time stopped in a little while ago and talked her into going out with him tonight. I feel so bad that she stood you up."
My head was hanging low. She's the only girl that ever stood me up. I thanked Louise's Mom for her honesty and kindness and left while feeling about as bad as anyone could feel.
Back in those days(the late Sixties) Teenage dance halls were popping up all over. I drove out to one called, "The Village." I walked in, sit at a table, and ordered a cola. Then I looked out on the dance floor, and dancing up near the band was Louise and her date. I quietly slipped out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment